Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."

Monday, October 27, 2008

changing of seasons

It's that time of the year again... flu season!
YAY for children who love to wipe their dripping nose on you... or those whose sneezes spray...
YAY for the children who are blessed with a cough that never seems to go away...
ENJOYABLE are the times when our kids have fevers that seem to creep up on them and cause them to feel achy halfway through the morning.

So honestly, each of these things are NOT so fun. It's never fun to see your loved one sick, especially a child. Please be praying for us, the staff ladies who work in childcare and are trying our best to prevent sickness amongst ourselves and the children. Also be praying for the families here on campus. Temperatures have been dropping over here; it was around 35 degrees this morning when John drove me to work.

I am doing my best to fight off sickness... taking vitamin C drops in the morning, using lots of hand sanitizer and washing my hands when-ever needed while I am around the kids, trying to drink a lot of fluids, and trying to take at least an hour nap after lunch. Yet still those germs have a tendency to creep up. Thanks for your prayers, I know they help!

Love you all lots!
Amanda Stroze <><

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy my peeps!
I'm praying for you two, I know how crazy things can get simply because it's flu season. I'm really excited to see you guys again, it's been a while.

Oh yeah and other weaponry refers to other guns besides shotguns :) such as my old school rifle and whatever anyone else would like to bring on that most sacred of bachelor parties! Of course, if we wanted to bring melee weapons and just go hack at some bushes or spare large fruit, that would be cool too! As for me, been mostly helping with the finishing stuff for the wedding, it's so crazy and awesome that we're already doing the finishing touches, I can't wait to be married.

I hope you two have a great week and stay healthy and safe.

God Bless,
Nate